Communication Skills Highlights
Group and one-to-one training and coaching sessions
- This is a communications training course with a difference, using science, psychology, linguistics and an understanding of human nature and behaviour. Learn what the best communicators do naturally to be great communicators. Learn the science of NLP and Neuro-Semantics with an experienced coach. Learn how to use your skills as a communicator and have more influence. Become an effective communicator by learning about different communication styles. Learn the power of states in your interpersonal interactions. Learn how to use influential language to improve your interactions at work. Discover why these skills are so important and how you can get ahead and earn more income and responsibility.
Training Course Content
This course is designed to rapidly teach you the most effective communication skills. It is practical, engaging and will give you tools you can apply to your life immediately.
- The Power of Perception (what we pay attention to) and how it influences team dynamics and group interactions; communication skills in the workplace.
- How individual views of the world engage and impact on others (positively/negatively).
- How people experience other people and situations across different contexts and cultures.
- Rapport Building – How to use key communication tools for building and maintaining rapport with others within a team, and create more meaningful and positive responses in all interactions. ( Awareness building tool)
- The Language of Excellent Relationships and the importance of physiology (body language), tonality (phone communications) and the language (the spoken word) used in creating excellent relationships. Language is everything in communication. When we use it effectively, people engage in a different way and enjoy the interactions.
- Four Key communications styles and discover how to adapt and connect to different people to build better relationships inside and outside your team. How to recognise what style of communication is operating within an environment and within other people and how they enhance or inhibit the workings of a group.
Why Choose this Training
Here you will gain an understanding of how communication works. It is all drawn from research in the field of linguistics, psychology, NLP and Neuro-semantics. It is not just theory, a range of practical tools are offered on this course, to help you improve your communications and interpersonal relationships. Call us and we can share some examples of the power of these tools. You will be surprised at how simple it is to change how you communicate and get better results.
Communication Skills FAQ’s
You will learn much about your own communication styles, how you engage and interact with others. You will learn what effective communication skills look like and the structure of a quality conversation.
The first step to becoming a better communicator is to look around at your relationships and see how they are working. Would you describe your interactions with others as healthy communication? How do you feel around others when you are communicating? Is it easy or difficult? Study great communicators and write down a list of communications skills you would like to improve on. Effective communications skills depend on self-awareness, the willingness to learn new skills and try something different to what you have always done. Listen to your voice and words and notice what happens on the outside when you use them with others.
We invite you in the world of the science of communication in a very practical way. We will teach you what makes a good communicator. We will show you how to show up better as a communicator through our coaching and self-awareness exercise. You will learn rapport skills and influencing skills that are authentic, practical and will make a positive impact on those around you as well as you. We will work with you or your team to become healthy communicators and learn some interesting skills that you will want to try out.
A good communicator can connect with others, be heard, listen to others. They are approachable. They can use their voice and body language in an open way that sends a message of authenticity, openness, with respect and dignity towards others. This is always rooted in self-awareness and a desire to improve their communication skills no matter how good there are. Coaching often comes naturally to great communicators, but it is always an additional skill to be learned that will make anyone who uses it a much better communicator.
Communication in the workplace, when it works well has a positive impact on everybody in the organisation. The sum of quality team communications is a whole and healthy organisation. Being a good communicator at work means you can add value to the goals of your team. People thrive in healthy work environments. Toxic work environments are often there because people have never stopped to learn healthy habits of communicating. They function from what we call impoverished maps and rigid mindsets. They can be improved with awareness, training and the desire to uplift the team. It important for companies and teams to take stock and evaluate the quality of communication in the team. The goal of every organisations or team should be to strive for high quality effective communication as a core value.
We offer this training in group and 1-2-1 session, in-class and in remote training. Our training courses are always a blend of some teaching around a subject, coaching you through your learning and practice sessions. We teach and show. Then we coach and test your learning. You get to apply it. Then we coach to you see how well you have integrated it. Core to our training is the active coaching that is always operating throughout to deepen your understanding and learning. Talk to us to learn more.